So you got some Black Tourmaline and are wondering how to cleanse and activate them?.
Black Tourmaline is a wonderful addition to your crystal healing set. This healing stone is known to protect you from any electromagnetic smog such as infrared rays in the surroundings and also shields you from negative energies and any psychic attack. The black stone connects to the root chakra responsible for making you feel safe and secure.
Black Tourmaline is a healing crystal, and it requires regular cleansing to release excess energy stored in the stone.. The cleansing process helps to remove all the negative energy from it and will make your protective stone work more effectively.
Black Tourmaline can be safely cleansed using a variety of methods, of which water and sunlight are the most widely used. But are these safe and ideal ways?. Let’s go ahead and discuss these two cleansing mediums in more detail.
Can Black Tourmaline go in Water? Is it Safe?
With a hardness scale of 7 on the Mohs scale, black tourmaline is easily cleanable in water, but it should not be exposed to prolonged contact with water to prevent disintegration and damage.
The best way to cleanse black tourmaline with water is to clean it under running water for at least a minute. After that pat dry the stone with a soft towel.
Can black tourmaline be in salt water ?
With its purifying properties, salt has always been used to absorb negative and unwanted energy, which is why salt water cleansing is so effective and is especially recommended for crystals that are grounding and provide protection from negative energy such as Black Tourmaline.
Black Tourmaline being a hard rock, you can safely use direct seawater to cleanse it effectively. Alternatively, you can mix a tablespoon of rock salt or sea salt in a glass of water and then soak Black Tourmaline in it for less than 20 minutes.
This will help cleanse your tourmaline thoroughly and restore it to its natural positive state.
Saltwater should not be left in contact with Black Tourmaline for a prolonged period, since the crystals can eventually be damaged.
Can Black Tourmaline go in drinking water? Is it safe to drink Black Tourmaline-infused water?
Black tourmaline-infused water is considered completely safe for drinking and has wonderful benefits. You can directly place the Black Tourmaline stone in water and let it seep overnight.
Below are some benefits of drinking Black Tourmaline water:
- Black Tourmaline water works very effectively in releasing stress and unwanted negative emotions from our mind promoting relaxation.
- Black Tourmaline-infused water is also recommended for health issues like gastric and intestinal issues.
- Black Tourmaline-infused water is also super effective for glowing skin as it tones your skin and reduces unevenness.
- Black Tourmaline-infused water helps with sleep issues too. Drinking Black Tourmaline infused water before bed is said to release toxins and aid in digestion and restful sleep.
How to prepare a Black Tourmaline Elixir
In order to create the Black Tourmaline crystal elixir, you can directly steep the stone in water. To fully absorb crystal energies, keep the stone submerged in the water overnight. This is a safe way to charge the water with crystal energy. To tune into the vibrations of the crystal, pack this water in a bottle and use it whenever required.
Can Black Tourmaline be in the Sun?
You May Also Like
You May Also Like
Exposing Black Tourmaline to sunlight is considered one of the best ways to cleanse and energize this black crystal. The bright energy of the sun helps break down and release any negative energy absorbed by the crystal, restoring it to its natural state.
Steps to cleanse Black Tourmaline with sunlight
- First, cleanse the crystal to be kept in sunlight
- Place the crystal in a holder made of glass or crystal.
- Say aloud your intention or a small prayer for the sun to give its bright healing energy to the crystal.
- Leave the crystal holder with the crystal in direct sunlight for up to 12 hours.
How to activate Black Tourmaline?
After you have cleansed and charged your tourmaline, activate and charge it by stating your intention for it.
- If you want to focus, choose a place that won’t distract you. Close your eyes and tune into the crystal’s vibrations while holding the crystal in your hand. Feel its grounding and protective energy. Alternatively, you can lie on your back and place the stone near your navel or on your root chakra.
- Let the crystal know in what ways you want it to support you. For your stone to be activated, you can pray or say an affirmation for protection.
- Once you have activated the stone, hold it in your hands for a while to connect with it.
Other safe ways to cleanse your Black Tourmaline.
Other popular ways to cleanse Black Tourmaline are:
Smudging with Sacred Herbs
Smudging with Sage and Palo Santo is a very effective and awesome way to cleanse any crystal and raise its vibrations.
- Ignite the tip of a sage plant and then transfer it to a non-dominant hand.
- Move the stone through the emerging smoke.
- You can continue the process for around 30 seconds.
- Sage plant is known to have healing properties, and its smoke will clear the inharmonious vibrations from your crystal inviting positive energy to come in.
Burying in Rice
Burying in rice is a very traditional way used to cleanse any crystal jewelry before bringing it to use
- Bury your stone or Black tourmaline jewelry in a bowl filled with dry brown rice for 24 hours.
- As soon as you are done with cleansing, immediately dispose of the rice as it absorbs the negative energy.
Cleansing with Selenite
Selenite is considered the best cleansing crystal to cleanse and charge Black Tourmaline
- Take a Selenite wand or a selenite base
- Place the black tourmaline crystal on top of the selenite or near it.
- Leave it there for cleansing for at least an hour
- Now the Crystal is effectively cleansed and ready to use
Yes, Black Tourmaline can definitely go in water and sun both. And yes it is safe too. Just follow the process and cleanse your black tourmaline jewelry and stones with the help of water and sunlight. Before using your stone, make sure that it has been properly cleansed and activated.
Other varieties of Tourmaline such as Watermelon Tourmaline, Pink Tourmaline, Blue Tourmaline, Red Tourmaline can also be effectively cleansed using the above methods.