Root chakra or Muladhara chakra is the first chakra of the 7 main chakra centers in the body and is known as the chakra of stability, security, and our basic needs.
The Root Chakra provides the links between our energetic system and the physical body and is our base for our life force energy.
Root chakra is the 1st chakra of the chakra system and lays the foundation for all the above chakras and the gateway for earth’s energy to enter our system.
Root Chakra Properties
The word Muladhara breaks down into two Sanskrit words: Mula meaning “root” and Adhara, which means “support” or “base”.
Root Chakra is symbolized by a red, four-petaled lotus with a yellow square at its center with the seed mantra of लं laṃ.
Color – Red & Black
Location – Base of Spine
Element – Earth
Seed Mantra – लं laṃ
Main Functions – Grounding, Stability, Security, Safety, Survival
Areas of the Body – Feet, Legs, Colon, Bladder, Kidneys, Lower Back, Adrenal Glands, Bones, Muscles
Signs of imbalanced Root Chakra
The Root Chakra is also the base chakra located at the base of our spine near the tail bone.
Balancing the Root Chakra creates a solid foundation for activating all the chakras above.
When this chakra is out of balance, it will affect all of the other chakras and cause physical as well as mental symptoms.
Below are some common signs of blocked Root Chakra
- Feelings of Anxiety and fear and insecurity
- Eating Disorders
- Problems in lower back, joints and leg, feet pain
- Problems with bladder
- Lethargy and lack of energy
Best Crystals for healing Root chakra
#1 Black Tourmaline
You May Also Like
- 10 Crystals To Boost Your Creativity And Get Your Ideas Flowing
- Pyrite Flake vs Gold Flake : Know the Difference
- 9 Top Crystals for Wealth: Unlock Abundance in All areas of your life
- Where to place Black Tourmaline in the house?
- Side Effects of Kyanite (You may not know this)
- Black Tourmaline is a master protector and grounding crystal renowned for dispelling negative energy.
- It is considered one of the best root chakra stones because of its grounding energy and its ability to boost our vitality, strength, and security.
- This powerful grounding stone transforms negative energy into positive energy and aligns the chakras. It reduces fears, phobias, and panic attacks, and gives us personal power during difficult situations.
- Black Tourmaline has strong transmutation abilities. It helps transmute negativity within the self into positive energy.
So, if you’re feeling constantly stressed or irritated, try wearing a Black Tourmaline pendant, chakra bracelet or carrying a tumble with you.
- Hematite crystal has very strong grounding and stabilizing energies that vibrate with the root chakra. It assists in energetically connecting you to the Earth’s energies.
If you are drawn to Hematite it could be a sign you are in need of grounding and balance in your life.
- Hematite releases negativity and increases your personal and emotional strength significantly.
Hematite instills confidence and vitality to move ahead in life with opportunities.
- Hematite is also an excellent cleansing stone. It helps release harmful toxins from the blood and improves oxygen circulation in the body.
#3 Red Jasper
- Red Jasper is for grounding, stability, and emotional balance.
This root chakra stone is known as The red stone of endurance and is one of the best crystals for physical strength, vitality, and stamina.
- When you are feeling insecure and emotionally frustrated and confused about life Red Jasper brings clarity and a sense of security to move ahead with faith and confidence in yourself.
- Red Jasper can give us courage and willpower to focus and achieve our goals. It improves our passion for life and our sexual relations.
- Red jasper healing energy helps those suffering from hyperthyroidism, anemia, and Arthritis.
- Garnet is one of the most popular root chakra crystals for strength and vitality.
It is often called The Stone of luck and success because of how revitalizing and regenerative it is. Garnet cleanses and reenergizes the chakras.
- It provides an energy of protection, balance, and creativity. Its deep, stable energy offers us a sense of hope, confidence, and courage.
- Garnet inspires love and devotion transmuting negative energy to a positive state. It helps us let go of unhealthy addictions developed due to insecurity.
- Garnet healing stone helps regenerate body cells and improve metabolism. Garnet also boosts immunity and energy levels.
- Garnet enhances creativity, vitality, and sexuality.
- Bloodstone is associated with the root chakra and the heart chakra establishing a balance between both the chakras and provides physical and emotional strength.
- A popular healing stone, this chakra stone is all about purifying and detoxing. Bloodstone regulates body pressure and circulation improving overall immunity.
- On the emotional front, Bloodstone helps us overcome our fears, bringing courage and vitality.
We can enhance our self-esteem, passion, and courage when working with this stone, and we’re likely to see improvements in our overall health and well-being as well.
#6 Red Tiger Eye
- Red Tiger’s Eye is one of the best root chakra stones known as ‘The Survival Stone’ because it balances all aspects of the self and provides necessary foresight and different perspectives to deal with life’s problems and setbacks.
- Its energy helps release fear and anxiety and motivates us to take action for our goals and achieve success and abundance.
- Red Tiger Eye promotes self-love, self-care, prosperity, and a deeper connection in our relationships.
- Physically Tiger eye helps increase vitality, improve blood circulation, reduce anemia, boost metabolism, and increase sex drive.
#7 Smoky Quartz
You May Also Like
- HONEY CALCITE 101: MEANING, PROPERTIES AND BENEFITS
- Is Moldavite Dangerous? Moldavite Dangers + Risks you should know
- CRACKLE QUARTZ 101: MEANING, PROPERTIES AND BENEFITS
- CITRINE TO ATTRACT MONEY – BECOME WEALTHY BY USING THIS CRYSTAL
- Is Malachite poisonous? Is it toxic to touch?
- Smoky Quartz is a very popular root chakra crystal in crystal healing known to banish any negativity and activate and stimulate both root chakra and crown chakra.
- The high vibrations of this stone help neutralize any negativity and help detoxify on all levels.
- Smoky Quartz is known to relieve stress and anxiety promoting a sense of calmness and stability.
- On the physical level, Smoky Quartz benefits the reproductive system and strengthens the nervous system relieving any aches and pains.
Other ways to balance your Root Chakra
Root Chakra Meditation
Root Chakra Meditation is very effective for balancing an underactive or overactive root chakra.
- The Root Chakra Meditation is done by visualizing red color and chanting the syllable “Lam”.
- You can place a root chakra crystal near the chakra location to perform the meditation.
Root chakra yoga asanas and mudras are said to be helpful in activating and balancing the root chakra energies.
Yoga helps create alignment and balance in the body and aids in releasing energy blockages.
- Popular Yoga poses for root chakra are Mountain Pose, Malasana, Sukhasana, Balasana.
- Muladhara mudra is known to help in activating a blocked root chakra.
Root Chakra Foods
Diet plays a major role in our health and also the healthy functioning of all chakras.
Popular Root chakra foods are:
- Root vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onions, and garlic
- Vibrant red foods such as beetroot, strawberries, radishes, tomatoes
You can chant root chakra affirmations for grounding and bringing a sense of security and stability.
Popular Root Chakra affirmations are
- I am safe and secure.
- I am grounded and connected to the earth’s energy.
- I have found my peace and trust in my abilities.
- The universe takes care of all my needs.
Root chakra is the foundation of your whole body hence it’s very important to have this chakra functioning at a high vibration.
Imbalance in this chakra is bound to have ripple effects on all the above chakras and make it difficult to get the other chakras functioning well.
Try working with a root chakra healing crystal whenever you feel any negative emotion arising or feeling ungrounded or distracted from your purpose in life.