Pyrite is an earth stone and sulfide mineral that is rich in iron sulfide. Pyrite meaning comes from the Greek word for Pyr, which means to fire.
Pyrite is found almost everywhere in the world but is abundant in Spain and the United States of America.
Why is Pyrite called fool’s gold?
Due to its striking resemblance to Gold, Pyrite is also known as fool’s gold. This is because Pyrite has brass-yellow color and metallic shine very similar to gold.
However, there are two key differences apart from the basic composition between Pyrite and Real Gold. While Gold has a bright yellow shine, Pyrite has a metallic luster.
Second, Pyrite is brittle in nature, while gold is bendable, i.e., ductile.
Despite the Gold-like appearance of the Pyrite, you should not hoard Pyrite but use it effectively in your daily life because a Pyrite stone has healing powers and the potential to bring plenty of benefits to you and your environment.
What is Pyrite used for?
There are various ways to use Pyrite. Some of them are discussed here:
- Pyrite is a protective stone that helps to deter the user from taking wrong decisions.
- Pyrite stone helps to remove manipulations and ensure your emotional well-being by boosting your personal power.
- Pyrite is an excellent stone known for its creative energies and power of attraction for transforming your desires into reality with the help of willpower. It enhances the flow of ideas and a creative desire in the wearer.
- Pyrite emits optimistic, cheerful, and grounding vibrations that keep you motivated, and down to earth.
- Pyrite’s solid brightness facilitates better decision-making and a clear vision. Thus, it is a wonderful crystal to aid with your business endeavors and academic pursuits.
- Pyrite acts as a shield against harmful electromagnetic radiation.
What are the different ways to use Pyrite?
You can look through these various ways to use Pyrite for different purposes:
1. Pyrite at Home & Office
Due to its strong shielding characteristics, Pyrite is a powerful Feng Shui item. If you want to keep your home or office protected from negative energy, you can put a Pyrite pyramid or pyrite cube on the entry of your office space to block the bad energies before it even gets the chance to seep inside.
However, shielding is just one of the many magical things Pyrite can do. It has the ability to funnel positive vibes into your home and office which will fuel prosperity and peace.
Pyrite is a perfect choice if you want to attract wealth, abundance, and bundles of fortune.
You can also consider placing pieces of Pyrite stone in your workspace, living space, studio, etc.
You can combine pyrite with other stones such as lapis lazuli, clear quartz, turquoise to create strong protective vibrations in your home.
2. Pyrite Jewelry
Pyrite gemstone can be really useful, especially for those who are struggling with low energy levels and anxiety.
It is known to help boost your energy by bringing positive results.
A very practical way to extract the positive energy out of the Pyrite healing crystal is to wear it as a talisman or jewelry piece such as a Pyrite bracelet or necklace.
A jewelry piece having Pyrite stone will bring the crystal and its magical powers close to your skin, which will ultimately maximize its results for you.
Direct skin contact will provide Pyrite the best chance to nourish the body with its shielding strength and healing power.
What are the Healing Properties of Pyrite?
Physical Healing Properties
- Pyrite is a healing stone that depends on masculine energy and works towards building up your strength, energy, enthusiasm, and stamina.
- Pyrite loves to protect, thus it is a brilliant stone for eliminating harmful effects of environmental pollutants on your body and improves your physical health.
- Pyrite also helps fight against viral infections, fevers by boosting the immune and respiratory system as it enhances lung health.
This is the reason why it is proven useful for people suffering from respiratory diseases such as asthma.
- It also keeps the endocrine function and blood flow healthy, keeping blood pressure in check and keeping your health condition in check.
Mental & Emotional Healing Properties
When it comes to emotional and mental strength, Pyrite comes into the picture as it has excellent healing properties to light a fire in the soul.
- Pyrite reduces the emotional attacks ensuring the feeling of safety and mental stability.
- Once you start using or wearing a Pyrite stone, you will notice your confidence levels going up.
- Pyrite stone will bring out your natural hidden leadership qualities, helping you to live in the light of authenticity and realize your true potential.
- When we say that Pyrite sets your soul on fire, we mean it positively. It awakens your lost motivation, which makes you ready to embrace life and seize opportunities once again.
- If you are trapped in depressive thoughts or anxiety, Pyrite stone can help you to overcome all the hindrances holding you back.
How to use Pyrite in Feng Shui?
Pyrite is one of the best Feng Shui crystals available in the market as it attracts the energy of money and abundance.
- If you are using Pyrite stone as a Feng Shui wealth cure, then you should place the Pyrite stone in the southeast direction of your office/home.
- If you are using Pyrite stone to boost energy or protection purposes, it should be placed at the entry point of your home/office.
Pyrite Metaphysical properties you should know
- Pyrite is also called a money magnet stone due to its property of attracting abundant wealth. So, it is advised to carry pyrite stone with you to attract business and new career opportunities and ensure an abundant flow of money.
- If you are indecisive, depressed, or unsure, you should wear a pyrite necklace or bracelet as a touchstone to boost your confidence.
- Energies of earth and fire are captured inside the Pyrite, making it a perfect option to assist in activating the root chakra or base chakra.
- As your self-confidence goes up, Pyrite boosts your communication abilities too.
- Pyrite is a brilliant match for Zodiac Leo. All the traits of Leos, such as courage, confidence, and ever readiness for opportunities, are complemented by the golden Pyrite. Moreover, Pyrite fills in the gaps, keeps the Leos protected while complementing their personality.
- Pyrite’s grounding properties balance out the aggressive nature.
How to use Pyrite to attract wealth?
Pyrite in combination with Feng Shui is used commonly for attracting wealth and abundance.
Raw pyrite is known to promote the energy of money and abundance.
This is because Pyrite’s energy is linked to the solar plexus chakra, which brings the willpower to move forward in your academics, career, and investment.
Pyrite use eliminates fears or apprehensions acting as hindrances in your way and success, due to an unbalanced third chakra.
You can follow these steps in order to attract wealth in your life with the help of Pyrite:
- Hold Pyrite crystal in your hands and close your eyes while setting your intention for the crystal. Think and state what negative energies you want to get rid of what energy you want to attract.
This practice will activate the energy of the Pyrite crystal and manifest abundance and wealth.
- Then, place the pyrite crystal in the southwest direction of your home/office.
How to use Pyrite for Manifestation?
- For manifestation, it is advised to couple Pyrite and Citrine stones together as they work amazingly with each other. However, you can even use just Pyrite stone.
- In an isolated and peaceful space, sit down, holding Citrine and Pyrite. Now allow your body to relax slowly.
- Let the vibrations of the stones flow while you visualize your goals.
- Now, let your solar plexus present beneath your rib cage open and feel the vibrations from the stone. This practice will balance your solar plexus and eliminates negative thoughts, frustration from your mind.
- While you are sitting there feeling all the positive energies, manifest your goals and desires.
How to cleanse Pyrite?
Regular cleansing and charging crystals are necessary to ensure that they are working effectively in your favor.
Pyrite rates 6 – 6.5 on the Mohs hardness scale hence can be cleansed under running water but make sure you dry it completely since any moisture can damage the stone.
- Cleansing is needed more regularly, especially for those crystals that shield the user from negative vibrations.
- Pyrite should not be cleansed with soap. The high iron content can cause the stone to get damaged when in prolonged contact with moisture.
- Sage smoke is a preferred method to cleanse Pyrite stone because Pyrite itself is associated with fire and reacts well to smoke-centered cleansing routines.
What chakra is Pyrite used for?
Pyrite healing properties can be used to activate the Solar Plexus Chakra and Root chakra. Pyrite is useful in healing and energizing the Solar Plexus Chakra.
It is generally placed near the Solar Plexus Chakra, in the hands, and at the Base(Root) Chakra in order to anchor the user’s aura in the body in proper alignment for optimal functioning of the spirit.
Pyrite is indeed a magical stone to bring luck and abundance to your house. Make sure you keep your pyrite stone dry at all times and set the proper intention before using it.