Citrine is a sunny stone whose properties and meaning direct you towards the warmth, liveliness, and richness of this crystal. Citrine is a variety of Quartz and the magical hues that this crystal ranges from are soft yellow to bright and dark red, brown, and orange. The darker shades are generally heat-treated Amethyst or Clear Quartz crystals.
Having a score of 7 on the Mohs scale, Citrine is a fairly durable stone that can be transformed into several shapes and forms.
Natural Citrine is a semi-precious crystal that is rare and hard to find but it becomes highly affordable and accessible when other crystals( preferably from the Quartz family ) are heated until they attain a fiery, golden tone similar to that of natural citrine.
Citrine imparts revitalizing positive energy that fills your aura with brightness and radiant vibes, flushing out impurities in your space.
Citrine crystal contains powerful energies that will help you in refreshing stale and stagnant vibrations in your energy field.
Citrine: Meaning, Properties, and Benefits
|COLOR:||Pastel yellow to deep shades of orange and brown|
|HARDNESS:||7 on the Mohs scale|
|TRANSPARENCY:||Transparent to translucent|
|CHEMICAL COMPOSITION:||Silicon Dioxide (SiO2)|
|ASTROLOGICAL SIGN:||Cancer, Aries, Leo, Libra|
Brazil, Madagascar, Russia, Africa, Europe, India, Sri Lanka, Kazakhstan, Bolivia, Uruguay, North Carolina
|RARITY:||Rare in original form|
|COMMON FORMS||Tumbled Stones, Angels, Faceted Stones|
|FAVORABLE CRYSTAL COMBINATION||
|UNFAVORABLE CRYSTAL COMBINATION||None|
You May Also Like
- Can AMETHYST Go in Water? Things you should know
- 7 Best Crystals for Root Chakra Healing
- How to make Moon Water in Winter? You should read this
- Is Malachite poisonous? Is it toxic to touch?
- Can SELENITE go in water? (Don’t put Selenite in water before reading this)
Citrine History and Origin
The name “Citrine” comes from a Latin word, ‘Citrus’ and the French word, ‘Citron’, meaning lemon. Citrine is called so because of its citrusy appearance.
Citrine is believed to be named by Georg Bauer, a mineralogist, in 1556. Found in sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphic rocks, Citrine was first mined in Brazil and then discovered in other regions like Madagascar, Russia, Africa, Europe, India, Sri Lanka, Kazakhstan, Bolivia, Uruguay, and North Carolina.
Although Natural Citrine was recognized as an easily available and abundant mineral in ancient times, it is quite rare to find in these times.
Citrine has a rich and well-registered history that has been in the crystal world for nearly a thousand years. It was a popular and royal stone amongst ancient Chinese, Greek, and Roman emperors. The Kings wore Citrine rings and necklaces in a desire to attain utmost knowledge and intellect out of this golden-yellow stone.
An ancient belief regarding Citrine was, that it could heal and prevent you from evil actions as well as venomous snakes.
Citrine Healing Properties and Benefits
Citrine is a healing stone that aids in the energy flow of spiritual, emotional, and physical planes.
It is a crystal that brings wealth and prosperity along with imparting healing vibrations.
Citrine is said to be a loyal crystal that never fails his master.
You can utilize Citrine’s power in manifesting your desires as this bright stone is packed with powerful vibrations.
Citrine also brings bountiful goodness and warmth of the sun as this gemstone resembles the hues of the sun hence, using Citrine for healing yourself is a wise choice.
Spiritual and Metaphysical Properties of Citrine
Citrine is a wonderful crystal for spiritual healing. It facilitates the connection with your higher realms, providing an elevated level of spiritual consciousness.
Citrine opens the door to your intuition with its golden, light-giving energy. This cloudy stone is believed to dissolve your clouds of toxicity and evil thoughts.
The common spiritual properties of Citrine are:-
- Strengthens personal power
- Balances the chakras
- Eliminates psychic debris
- Attracts spiritual abundance
- Promotes positive attitude
1) Citrine is an impactful stone that strengthens the personal power of the user by its illuminating energy.
It helps you to recognize the strength that dwells within you, thereby nudging you towards embracing your self-worth.
2) You might sometimes feel a resistance in the circulation of energy through the energy centers in your body.
This happens due to misalignment of chakras, and to resolve this issue Citrine works wonders. Citrine crystal balances the chakras when used over the knotted regions, eventually resulting in a better energy flow.
3) Citrine contains the properties to cleanse off the accumulated negative energy and eliminate psychic debris.
This healing crystal frees your spiritual plane of the unwanted, toxic energy and refreshes it with its warm vibrations.
4) Known to attract spiritual abundance, Citrine is a crystal that complements manifestation.
You can use Citrine for awaking calmness and peace in your turbulent spiritual emotions as it links to the energy centers and scatters its soothing energy.
5) Citrine’s energy is proved to bring light, happiness, and optimism to the user. If you face trouble in keeping up with your spiritual life, then Citrine is the crystal for you as it promotes a positive attitude that ultimately offers a healthy and positive spiritual life.
Mental & Emotional Healing Properties of Citrine
When you come across a blockage in your emotional track, use Citrine crystal for attaining a healthy mental state.
Citrine is an amazing stone for emotional healing and wellness. It provides mental clarity along with building awareness by attuning to a higher state of your mind.
Citrine also attracts love, friendship, and new beginnings, connecting you deeply with your inner self.
The common mental and emotional properties of Citrine are:-
- Provides alertness of mind
- Heals short-term memory loss issues
- Helps to overcome depression
- Builds willpower and self-confidence
- Detach deep-seated fears
- If you get stuck in making effective decisions then Citrine can be your ultimate choice as it provides alertness of mind.
Citrine stone unfurls the loops of mind, allowing the person to stay active and aware in decision-making abilities.
- Citrine is said to be a therapeutic crystal that heals short-term memory loss issues.
This stone can be used implicitly if you experience a lot of distraction in your tasks.
- There are multiple factors that cause frustration and anxiety, and when not taken care of, this anxiety can transform into depression.To avoid that happening to yourself, get a Citrine stone as it
helps to overcome depression and even the slightest beginning of any sort of mental illness.
- Citrine can help you regain your lost self-esteem by sparkling its warm energy over you.We often lose our assertiveness, coming across unfavorable circumstances, and here is when you can benefit from Citrine as it
builds willpower and self-confidence when you ask from it.
- Citrine is a stone of protection and overall well-being that helps to detach deep-seated fears of the past.It encourages you to embrace your flaws and let go of old traumas that resist you from growing emotionally.
Physical Healing Properties of Citrine
Citrine is a wonderful gemstone that contains physical healing properties to improve and cure your physical health.
It is most beneficial for diseases related to the central region. Citrine is believed to back-pedal degenerative and chronic disease as well.
People who deal with morning sickness can also make use of Citrine.
The common physical healing properties of citrine are:-
- Balances metabolism
- Cures diabetes
- Improves blood circulation
- Detoxifies the body
- Strengthens immune system
- Builds endurance
- Promotes healthy hair and nails
- Reduces skin allergies
- Heals kidney and bladder related disease
- Treats nausea and dizziness
- Improves digestion
- Relieves menstrual pain
- Builds stamina
- Relieves fatigue
Citrine is used for manifestation and protection as it is linked with the positive energy field.
This crystal makes a great addition to your jewelry collection as well. Citrine enhances the energy of the place it is kept in by its summery fresh vibrations.
This stunning crystal attracts wealth, abundance, success, and power. Citrine also helps to clear any debris in your Sacral and Solar Plexus Chakras.
This versatile gemstone can also be used as a talisman for supreme security and strength.
Citrine qualifies as one of the best crystals that you can gift someone.
All your love and care towards a person will be radiated through Citrine when you gift it.
You can make use of Citrine in cleansing out bad energy from your home, office, as well as your body.
How to Use Citrine at Home
Citrine, being a toasty stone, is the ultimate choice to have in your home as it constructs an ambiance full of hope and prosperity.
This crystal attracts wealth when positioned appropriately, and the best place to keep Citrine at your home is in the top-left direction or the money corner.
You can use Citrine at home for:-
- Harmonizing family relationships
- Dispelling negativity
- Inducing healthy flow of energy
- Feng Shui
You May Also Like
- Terahertz stone meaning, benefits and dangers
- Can You Put OPALITE In Water? Here are some precautions you should take
- CITRINE TO ATTRACT MONEY – BECOME WEALTHY BY USING THIS CRYSTAL
- Can Lapis Lazuli go in water? Keep it away from Salt Water
- Can ROSE QUARTZ Go In Water? (Read this before you cleanse your Crystal)
- The amazing crystal properties of Citrine helps in bridging up the spaces in your relationship with your family members.
It contains the healing powers that shake off toxicity and any personal grudges residing in the members of the family, thereby harmonizing family relationships.
- Citrine is a powerful cleanser that aids in dispelling negativity from your house.
The sunny stone can be kept in the domain where you experience heavy and destructive energy. You can also prepare a Citrine elixir and sprinkle it all over your house to get rid of negativity.
- This excellent crystal can be used to eliminate stagnant energy, inducing a healthy flow of energy in the house.
Citrine engages joyful vibrations in the atmosphere that overall uplifts the climate of your home.
- Citrine is an ideal stone to use for Feng Shui at home as the ancient practice is believed to bring positive chi.
You can keep this crystal beside plants or in the lawn for attracting abundance.
How to Use Citrine at Office
Citrine is a great stone for manifesting wealth and productivity in your work.
Keeping a Citrine crystal in your wallet or over your desk can help in attracting abundance, therefore, having this sunny stone at your office is an insightful decision.
Also known as Merchant’s Stone, Citrine allows you to build constructiveness at your workplace. You can keep Citrine on the top of your cash register or any place that deals with money and wealth.
You can use citrine at the office for:-
- Attracting money
- Washing away negativity
- Offers help in sales and business-related troubles
- Clearing atmosphere off stagnant energy
- Building stability in anxious, work-related thoughts
How to Use Citrine on Body
Place Citrine directly over your body to enjoy the benefits that this crystal has to offer. The most supreme way to achieve those benefits is wearing Citrine jewelry.
There is a huge amount of Citrine jewelry variety available in the market these days and you can pick whatever fascinates you.
Citrine is a healing stone that can cure your ailments and sickness. Crystal practitioners state that circling Citrine over an area of pain or injury will help in relieving and curing the ache.
You can use Citrine on your body for:-
- Activating Root Chakra and Solar Plexus Chakra
- Revitalizing inner strength
- Protection against evil energies
- Cleansing bad thoughts
- Calming the body while sleeping
Can you Sleep with Citrine?
Are you frustrated with getting night fears frequently? Do not stress as Citrine is here for your rescue!
Citrine drives unwanted thoughts away and creates a healthy environment for good and peaceful sleep, hence, you should keep a Citrine crystal in your bedroom to sleep restfully.
Combining some aromatic essential oils with Citrine will help in inducing a powerful night’s sleep as they both work together in setting a mood for sleeping.
The best places to keep Citrine in your bedroom are under your pillow, on the headboard, or under the mattress as keeping Citrine close to you will offer better dreaming and awaken consciousness even while sleeping.
Citrine is the ideal gemstone for making jewelry and you can use it for daily wear as this crystal connects well when kept close to the body. The stunning yellow color of natural citrine jewelry depicts the mellow, life-giving vibrations of the sun that fills your soul with kindness.
Jewelry makers love to play and experiment with Citrine as it can be transformed into a variety of different jewelry pieces, the most bought being Citrine pendants, brooches, rings, earrings, and necklaces.
Placing Citrine jewelry against heart chakra in form of a pendant or wearing a Citrine ring in your dominant hand will cleanse your aura and protect you from people with unhealthy intentions.
Meditation with Citrine
Meditation is a therapeutic practice and it proves to be even more beneficial when accompanied by the healing energy of Citrine crystal. Meditation with Citrine will enhance your imagination power and creative abilities, thereby clearing out traumatic thoughts.
Citrine is a powerful crystal that helps you in building a connection with Mother Earth, therefore, it is suggested to meditate with Citrine while in direct contact with the ground.
Follow these steps to meditate with Citrine:-
- Sunrise and Sunset are perfect for meditation with Citrine as the sun’s rays are extremely subtle during dusk and dawn, hence, are not harsh on Citrine.
- Take a clean, activated, and programmed ( discussed in the later section ) Citrine crystal, and feel its energy by pressing the crystal in between your palms.
- Visualize the brilliant yellow color of your Citrine and light a yellow candle as well to uplift the atmosphere of meditation.
- Rub your favorite aromatherapy oil on Citrine and massage gently on your body. You will feel a sudden rush of energy due to better circulation.
- Try to take control over your thought processes and calm your unsettling emotions down.
- Imagine a place that soothes your soul and dive into the beauty of your creative world while holding Citrine in your hand.
- Do this for 15 – 20 minutes every day and do not forget to clean the crystal after use.
Citrine Birthstone and Zodiac Sign
Citrine is the second birthstone for people born in November, Topaz being the primary.
Citrine was added to the birthstone list in the year 1952 and since then it is recognized as the gemstone for the 13th anniversary.
The zodiac signs that Citrine offers help to are Aries, Cancer, and Leo.
Aries ( 21 March – 19 April ) – Aries is an element of fire with the zodiac symbol of Ram. Arians are open-minded and possess leadership qualities.
They are strong and always determined towards doing things right. Although, they can be impatient when things don’t work as per their expectations, and here is when Citrine provides its energy and patience to Aries.
Cancer ( June 21 – July 22 ) – Cancer is an element of water with the zodiac symbol of crab.
Cancers are caring and kind with imaginative powers but can be impulsive sometimes, experiencing tremendous mood swings, and Citrine can be of great help to pacify those emotions.
Leo ( 23 July – 22 August ) – Leo is an element of fire with the zodiac sign symbol of a Lion. Leos are as powerful and fierce as a Lion, full of confidence and ego, however, this ego can be hazardous and ruin relationships sometimes, hence, Leos should take advantage of Citrine to lower down their egoistic traits.
Citrine and Chakras
Chakras are the points through which spiritual energies flow through us and for a good flow of energy, these chakras should be activated.
The three chakras that Citrine aids in activating are:-
- Solar plexus chakra
- Sacral chakra
- Crown chakra
You May Also Like
- 5 Super Easy Grounding Techniques: Keep Calm and Stay Grounded
- Optical Calcite 101: MEANING, PROPERTIES AND BENEFITS
- Crystals like Moldavite
- Where to place Black Tourmaline in the house?
- 20 Real life experiences of people using Moldavite
1) Solar plexus chakra –
Solar Plexus is the third chakra in our body, located in the stomach area. It is the central region of the body that balances the flow of energy and builds self-esteem.
When Citrine is glided over the Solar Plexus Chakra, it harmonizes the physical and spiritual vibrations along with augmenting personal power. Citrine removes negativity from your chakra, thereby activating it to function perfectly.
2) Sacral chakra –
Sacral Chakra is located below the belly button which is the center of gravity of our body.
Sacral Chakra is responsible for enhancing the creative and imaginative powers, hence, it is necessary to unblock this chakra.
Citrine helps with the unclogging of energy and promotes the Sacral chakra to direct energy towards Solar Plexus Chakra.
It also strengthens willpower and manifestative energies.
3) Crown chakra –
Crown chakra is situated at the top of your head. It is the seat of attaining a higher level of consciousness from the spiritual world and citrine helps in building a connection with angelic realms.
Citrine expands the boundaries of your knowledge and wisdom by its radiant vibrations and activates the crown chakra when placed over it.
Best Citrine Stone Combination
When two similar and compatible stones are paired, their energies are magnified, hence, you should consider playing around with stones and choose the combination that suits your energy.
To get the most out of Citrine, combine it with other crystals that will aid in enhancing and increasing its properties.
The 3 crystals to pair with Citrine are:-
- Rose Quartz
- Tiger’s eye
Citrine and Amethyst :
Both Citrine and Amethyst come from the Quartz family, hence, are compatible.
Amethyst has a magical purple hue and possesses mystical properties that heal and protect the user from harmful energies.
When Amethyst is paired with Citrine, it elevates its vibrations even more, hence, pairing these two crystals together is more profitable than using them individually.
Crystals producers have gone a step ahead and introduced a crystal named ” Ametrine “, which is a combination of Amethyst and Citrine, hence, you can directly purchase Ametrine instead of buying Amethyst and Citrine separately.
Citrine and Rose Quartz :
Rose Quartz is the crystal of unconditional love with soaring vibrations. It also increases blood circulation and promotes a healthy flow of uplifting, tender energy, and paring it with Citrine increasing its ability to heal anxiety.
Rose Quartz and Citrine work together to activate the heart and crown chakra which aid in connecting you with the spiritual world. The combination also helps you to build and maintain relationships.
The bonding that Rose Quartz forms with Citrine is matchless, therefore you should go for this combination.
Citrine and Tiger’s eye :
Tiger’s eye is a stone of immense strength, courage, intelligence, fierceness, confidence, and determination same as that of a tiger.
When Tiger’s eye is paired with Citrine, the interesting fusion escalates one’s willpower and self-esteem. The pair grinds together to enrich you with good fortune and vitality. They also target the Solar Plexus Chakra and reactivate it, creating a positive mindset.
How to Cleanse and Care For Your Citrine Stone
Removing negativity from you, your crystals get saturated hence, cleaning them regularly is a must-have practice for crystal users.
Citrine is one of those crystals that can cleanse itself naturally as Citrine does not store bad energy, it just extracts and dispels it and so regular cleaning is not required.
However, cleansing your Citrine will aid in the better functioning of the crystal hence, you can follow these methods to cleanse Citrine:-
- Hold the Citrine under running tap water to remove the debris.
- You can also immerse Citrine in lukewarm or soapy water for some time. ( If using soap, make sure there is no residue)
- Other crystals such as Selenite can be used to clean the blockages from Citrine.
- Citrine can be cleansed with ultrasonic cleansers as well until it is not dyed.
- A full moon is a great source of cleansing the toxic energy off Citrine.
Exposure to high heat and sunlight should be prohibited as it can fade the beauty of the crystal and even damage it.
Can Citrine Go in Water?
Citrine is a crystal from the Quartz family which does not produce a toxic reaction with water as it is water-insoluble, hence, you can put Citrine in water.
However, submerging Citrine in water for long hours or dipping it into saltwater should be avoided as it may rupture the surface of the crystal.
Can you drink Citrine infused water?
Citrine is a wonderful crystal with healing properties, and infusing it with water will aid in better hydration and circulation of joyous energy in the body, thus, you must consume Citrine-infused water frequently.
Preferably, Citrine tumbled stones should be used to prepare infused water as they are polished and it is highly unlikely for them to dissolve in water.
Although raw stones are completely unaltered, and so tiny crystal particles can drop off and get mixed in your drinking water, therefore you should not go for raw stones while preparing crystal water.
How to Charge and Activate Citrine?
You can charge Citrine in the following 6 ways:-
- Sage and Sandalwood
- Sound vibrations
- Other crystals
1) Smoke of Sage and Sandalwood is a powerful way to charge Citrine. You need to keep the crystal in a container, burn the herb, and let the sacred smoke enfold your Citrine.
2) Moonlight has always been the most natural and effective source for charging crystals and all you have to do is, place Citrine under the beautiful, calm light of the moon and allow it to penetrate through the radiant, golden color of citrine and reactivate it.
3) Dropping Citrine in a singing bowl and playing it softly will produce sound vibrations that will aid in the charging of your crystal.
4) The best way to charge Citrine is to return the crystal to its home, from where it came i.e. Mother Earth. Doing so will not only reactive the energies of Citrine but also fill it with implicit vibrations.
5) Using other crystals that hold the property of charging themselves as well as other crystals are a great asset for charging Citrine.
You can wrap Citrine with Selenite, Clear Quartz, or Kyanite and leave it for a few hours till your Citrine is completely free of negative energies.
6) Crystals love to get observed and be taken care of hence, you should utilize the power of visualization and develop a close connection with Citrine to reactivate and recharge its depleted energy.
How to Program Citrine?
Crystal enthusiasts believe that for gaining the most out of crystal you need to go through a 4 step process:-
We have already discussed the ways to clean, recharge, and meditate with citrine. In this part, we will be providing you with the steps to program your Citrine crystal:-
- Hold citrine in your receiving hand and let it attract energy from the universe.
- Rest down, counting your breath, and awakening all your senses.
- Set an intention by speaking your affirmation out loud.
- Keep on repeating the affirmation in the present tense.
- After you are satisfied with the process, open your eyes gently and feel the subtle vibrations of Citrine filling your spirit.
You May Also Like
- Citrine stone side effects
- 5 Easy ways to cleanse your Aura
- 5 Super Easy Grounding Techniques: Keep Calm and Stay Grounded
- Can SELENITE go in water? (Don’t put Selenite in water before reading this)
- 5 Best Crystals for Protection from Negative Energy: Keep Bad Vibes at Bay
Citrine Shapes and Forms
Tumbled stones – Citrine Tumbled stones have a polished surface and their golden-yellow color resembles the citrus fruit.
These stones are known to remove the blockages from your chakras and reactivate them. You can use tumbled stones for decorating your plants and office desk.
Angels – Angels are the most portable and beautiful forms of Citrine that can be carried in your wallet or pocket.
Their properties resonate with their shape, i.e. building connection and communication with angelic powers.
Faceted crystal – Citrine Faceted stones are crystals that are cut and shaped somewhat like a diamond.
They add to the beauty of the space where they are kept by the magical light-reflecting property.
Faceted crystals are suitable for feng shui in the home.
Where to buy Citrine?
You can purchase Citrine crystal from the following stores:-
1) Gem Rock auctions – You can find a vast variety of Citrine crystals in a versatile price range from $50 – $10,000. in this store.
2) Etsy – If you are fond of Citrine jewelry, go for this store as Etsy is an emerging online crystal shop with a wide range of Citrine crystals and jewelry.
How To Tell If Citrine Is Real?
There are two kinds of Citrine crystals available in the market that can be stated as unreal Citrines:-
- Heat-treated Citrine
- Fake Citrine
1) Heat-treated Citrine is nothing but Amethyst or Smoky Quartz that are heated till they attain a color that is similar to that of natural Citrine.
This treated Citrine cannot be purely called a fake crystal as it formed out of its family crystals.
2) Fake Citrine or synthetic Citrine is simply glass that is dyed to look like Citrine but does not have the properties and structure as that of real Citrine.
To identify the difference between real and fake Citrine, you can –
- Scratch it with a fingernail. If the surface scrapes off easily, then it is probably fake Citrine.
- Unreal Citrine might have bubbles hence, if you observe any bubbles in your crystal then you have been fooled.
- Inspect the clarity of Citrine as real Citrines are supposed to be sharp and precise in appearance.
Final thoughts on Citrine
Citrine is a remarkable crystal that deserves to be on the top of your crystal list if you are looking for a stone that matches your vibe.
You will experience a boost in your spiritual and physical health once you inculcate Citrine in your collection as Citrine is a crystal of manifestation, positivity, confidence, affection, prosperity, abundance, and warmth.
If you get all these magnificent properties in one crystal, then why not go for it?